BOTULINUM NEUROTOXIN CLINIC
Botulinum neurotoxin is a medication used in the treatment of a variety of neurologic conditions including:
- Dystonia such as cervical dystonia (spasmodic torticollis) or Writer’s cramp
- Blepharospasm and hemifacial spasm
- Spasticity due to stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy
- Sialorrhea (excessive salivation)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Chronic Migraine
In the United States, four forms are available:
OnabotulinumtoxinA (trade name Botox), AbobotulinumtoxinA (trade name Dysport), IncobotulinumtoxinA (trade name Xeomin), and RimabotulinumtoxinB (trade name Myobloc).
At Neurological Consultants, P.C., Dr. J. Trevor McNutt and Dr. Ralph Round are board certified neurologist with expertise in the therapeutic uses of botulinum neurotoxin. They evaluate and treat patients in the Botulinum Neurotoxin Clinic.